Thursday, June 26, 2008

(Almost) Weekend Update

Today I realized that I have an actual phobia of the dentist and possibly all medical help.  

I had a dentist appointment to get my jaw looked at and I was a wreck the whole day.  I was shaking, sick to my stomach and near the point of tears all over a dentist appointment.  
That got me thinking about how I avoid going to any doctor at all costs.  I don't think that it stems from being afraid of disease or death.  I think it comes from being in and out of emergency rooms too much as a child. From the time I could walk, until the end of middle school, some part of my body was in a cast or in stitches and I think that being in hospitals and doctors offices so much at such a young age has ruined them for me.  However, the good news is that I don't have some monster infection, just two cavities that are getting filled next week.  

The other good news is that I may have a potential job in Chicago, therefore, leaving Philly sooner! Yay!  

No comments: