Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Of course...

It would take Indiana Jones to make me feel homesick.   I know I didn't travel to the far and rounded corners of the earth in search of lost relics or proof of god's existence.  But, I did live a far more adventurous life in Indiantown.  I was accustomed to riding horses, dealing with dangerous wild-life (see: snakes and rabid mammals), driving a lot, driving fast and sometimes driving recklessly.  I could go outside and shoot at whatever I wanted to (okay so somethings are the same in the city).  I'm good with a gun, better with a bull whip and down right deadly behind the wheel or in the saddle. Watching the IJ trilogy has made me realize that there are very fun and amazing things that no city or building with a doorman will ever be able to offer.  
What can I say?  I'm an adrenaline junkie and I need more than the fear of used hypodermic needles and crazy homeless people to get my fix.  Half of me is completely content as a city dweller and the other half needs the adventure/lifestyle/fresh air that comes with the country. 

I guess the ideal is to be rich enough to afford both.

 

No comments: